Environmental Law (Contamination and Compliance, Regulatory, and Transactional)
Local Government Law
Robert Mellinger focuses his work on counseling public and private clients regarding environmental matters, including environmental law and litigation and local government law.
Prior to joining the firm, Robert externed for the Honorable Ann Aiken, United States District Judge for the District of Oregon. As an intern with Law Offices of Charles M. Tebbutt and Our Children’s Trust, he worked on public interest environmental and climate change litigation, including actions against concentrated animal feeding operations for groundwater contamination and state, federal, and international youth climate lawsuits. He also interned with Coalition of Oregon Land Trusts’ Pro Bono Program advising Oregon land trusts.
He attended University of Oregon School of Law where he received a certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law. There, he was research assistant to Professor Mary Wood, Bowerman Fellow with the Environmental and Natural Resources Law Center’s Global Environmental Democracy Project, and co-director of the world’s largest Public Interest Environmental Law Conference. Prior to law school he had a career in land and forest management and co-founded the non-profit Maxwelton Creek Alliance.
- State of New Jersey, 2022 (active)
- State of Oregon, 2021 (inactive)
- J.D. and Certificate in Environmental and Natural Resources Law
- University of Oregon School of Law, 2012 B.A.
- Vassar College, 2009
- Member, Justice Stewart Pollock Inns of Court
- Member, Environmental, Energy, and Resources Law Section
- American Bar Association Member, Young Lawyers Division
- American Bar Association Member
- Environmental law Section
- New Jersey State Bar Association Member, Young Lawyers Division
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- “Buyers Beware: Piercing the Corporate Veil in the Environmental Context”, co-authored with Joanne Vos, Esq., published in The Middlesex Advocate, Middlesex County Bar Association Newsletter -Volume 37, Number 1 – September 2022; and also published in New Jersey Defense, New Jersey Defense Association Magazine/Fall 2022, September 2022.
240 Cedar Knolls Road,
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey 07927