DIRECT DIAL: (973) 912-6811
Environmental Compliance Permitting
Diane Alexander has advised public and private sector clients regarding local government, environmental, infrastructure and resiliency-related issues and has successfully litigated matters involving a wide variety of environmental laws and regulations.
Ms. Alexander represents public authorities, municipalities and the private sector concerning water, wastewater, stormwater and air permitting issues, as well as water and wastewater planning, compliance, user fee and connection fee issues. She participated in the Stakeholders Group convened by the New Jersey Department of Environmental Protection to revise the NJPDES Regulations, Planning Rules and Surface Water Quality Standards. She participated in the drafting of legislation relevant to connection fees and the creation of stormwater utilities. Ms. Alexander’s Martindale-Hubbell Peer Review Rating is AV® Preeminent.
Ms. Alexander serves on the Board of Directors of the Association of Environmental Authorities of New Jersey.
- “Connection Fee Basics,” AEA Manager’s Breakfast – Township of Hamilton Training Facility – June 28, 2017.
- “EPA Mixing Zone and Blending Policies,” AEA Spring Utility Management Conference – March 9, 2016.
- “Legal and Technical Update for NJPDES Permittees,” New Jersey Water Environment Association – 2015 Fall Technology Transfer Seminar, Eatontown, New Jersey, September 16, 2015.
- “Reporting Non-Compliance, Affirmative Defense, Licensed Operators Responsibility,” New Jersey Water Environment Association, 99th Annual Conference, Atlantic City, New Jersey, May 14, 2014.
- “Fundamentals of Municipal Environmental Law,” New Jersey State Bar Association – 2014 Annual Meeting and Convention, Atlantic City, New Jersey, May 14, 2014.
- “Wastewater Management Plans” – Law Seminars International, June 26, 2008
- “Update on Passaic and Millstone TMDLs,” Association of Environmental Authorities, January 29, 2008
- “The NJPDES Permit Appeal Process,” New Jersey Water Environment Association Technology Transfer Seminar, March 7, 2006
- New York, 1987
- New Jersey, 1988
- United States District Court, District Court of New Jersey, 1988
- J.D., The John Marshall Law School, 1987
- B.A., University of Delaware, 1983
- Member, The Association of Environmental Authorities (AEA) – Board of Directors: 2017-Present
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Water Environment Federation
- “Improved Water Quality and Resiliency One Step Closer Through Stormwater Management Utilities,” The Authority View (The Association of Environmental Authorities), Summer 2018
- “Proposed Legislation Changes How Connection Fees Are Handled,” The Authority View (The Association of Environmental Authorities), Summer 2018
- “Court Overturns EPA Mixing Zone and Blending Rules Calls EPA Position Orwellian Newspeak”, The Authority View, Spring/Summer 2014
- “Connection Fees,” MFH Client Alert, June 2013.
- “Stormwater Rules: Developers Face New Restrictions,” New Jersey Law Journal, July 12, 2004
Contact Us for a Consultation
240 Cedar Knolls Road,
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey 07927