Heather A. Pierce
DIRECT DIAL: (973) 912-6809
Open Public Records and Meetings Law
Local Public Contracts Law
Heather Pierce focuses her practice in counseling clients on Local Public Contracts Law (LPCL) matters and Open Public Records Act (OPRA) and Open Public Meetings Act (OPMA) issues, as well as land use, redevelopment and environmental matters. She has extensive experience dealing with complex OPRA and OPMA issues. Ms. Pierce frequently drafts ordinances and resolutions, conducts discovery and handles zoning, land use and other property law matters for a variety of public entities.
Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Pierce served as Judicial Law Clerk to the Honorable Heidi Willis Currier, J.S.C. and the Honorable John A. Jorgensen, J.S.C. in Middlesex County, NJ. She attended Vermont Law School, where she served as Managing Editor of the Vermont Journal of Environmental Law and Executive Director of the Vermont Legal Research Group. While in law school, she also served as an extern to the New Hampshire Legislature’s Administrative Rules Division, clerked for the Conservation Law Foundation, and worked as an intern for the New Hampshire Department of Justice.
- New Jersey, 2008
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, 2008
- J.D., Vermont Law School, 2007
- B.A., Cornell University, cum laude, 1998
- Member, New Jersey State Bar Association, Land Use Section
- Member, Justice Stewart G. Pollock Environmental American Inn of Court
- “Statute of Limitations Applies to Spill Act Contribution Claims,” MFH Legal Update, October 2013
Contact Us for a Consultation
240 Cedar Knolls Road
Cedar Knolls, NJ 07927