DIRECT DIAL: 973-912-6805
Environmental Law (Contamination and Compliance, Regulatory, and Transactional)
Paola Toro focuses her practice in environmental law, including environmental litigation, enforcement, compliance and transactional matters, as well as redevelopment. She is experienced in counseling clients regarding environmental liability in connection with the acquisition of contaminated property, as well as the negotiation of Redevelopment Agreements. She has represented environmental nonprofits, local governments and private clients in federal, state, and administrative courts in matters involving site remediation, water quality, environmental permitting, endangered species, and environmental justice.
Prior to joining the firm, Paola worked as a staff attorney at the Delaware Riverkeeper Network where she performed litigation and advocacy work related to water quality, federal and state permitting enforcement, environmental justice, hazardous waste, and natural gas pipelines. Paola has also worked at the New York State Division of Human Rights where she gained extensive experience in dispute resolution, including mediation and negotiating settlements. She attended the Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, where she received a certificate in environmental law. During law school, Paola interned at the United Nations for the Permanent Mission of Costa Rica where she worked on matters related to sustainable development, globalization and interdependence, agricultural development, technologies for development, and food security. She has also interned at the Pace Environmental Litigation Clinic and clerked for the Delaware Riverkeeper Network.
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey
- New Jersey
- J.D. and Certificate in Environmental Law, Elizabeth Haub School of Law at Pace University, 2017
- B.A., Hofstra University, 2014
- Member, Justice Stewart Pollock Inns of Court
- Vice Chair, Marine Resources Committee, American Bar Association
- Member, The Stewart G. Pollock Environmental American Inn of Court
- Member, Environmental Law Section, American Bar Association
- Member, Environmental Law Section, New Jersey State Bar Association
- Member, Hispanic Bar Association of New Jersey
- Prevailing Wage and Dirty Dirt: Who’s Cleaning Up?, co-authored with Joanne Vos, Esq., published in the New Jersey Defense Association’s Spring 2022 Newsletter.
240 Cedar Knolls Road,
Cedar Knolls, New Jersey 07927